Are You Receiving Workers’ Compensation Benefits? Were Your Prescriptions Denied?

If you are injured on the job, you may be entitled to benefits including payments for lost wages, specific loss benefits, and medical care, which include any needed hospital treatment and medicine. Harassment by medical providers and creditors for unpaid work related medical expenses may be illegal and can be stopped by your workers’ compensation lawyer.

Help Getting Prescriptions Denied by Your Insurer

If your insurer has denied any of your workers’ compensation benefits, there are a few things you can do:

  • Cooperative communication with your insurance carrier. If you are being denied benefits, the first step is to contact your insurer. The insurance carrier is permitted 21 days from your notice to your employer of your injury to either accept or deny your claim.
  • File a claim petition with the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. If you are unable to resolve the issue with your insurer, you have the right to file a petition with the bureau. Filing a petition will get you a trial before a WC judge, who will decide whether or not you will receive the desired benefits.
  • If you do file a claim, it may be in your best interest to hire an attorney. Workers’ compensation litigation is very complicated, and you can bet that an attorney will represent your employer or insurance carrier. If you want to get the most out of your case, it may be best to hire a lawyer.
  • Order your medicine from a mail order pharmacy that will provide the medicine while your compensation case is in denial. Continue to use the mail order pharmacy while on compensation to avoid delays in obtaining prescription medicine. If your injury has been accepted as work related, file a penalty petition for non payment of the medical expenses.

Legal Help if You Are Denied Workers’ Compensation Benefits

If you are being denied the medical treatment you need after a work-related injury, you have the right to seek legal help and advice. Contact the Harrisburg workers’ compensation attorneys at Calhoon and Kaminsky P.C., today.

Call 877-291-9675, or fill out our contact form for more information. Also, be sure to order a FREE copy of our book, 7 Deadly Sins That Can Destroy Your Pennsylvania Workers’ Comp Case. You do not have to be alone in the aftermath of your work-related injury.